Monday 16 July 2012

NOTD: Newspaper nails!

Hello everyone!

So recently I came across 'newspaper nails' and whilst bored last night I thought it would be a good way to cure my bordem! It's extremely easy and all you need is a newspaper stips x 10 (I used a magazine and it worked just as well), vodka (rubbing alcohol can also be used), nail varnish (pale colours work better), a top coat nail varnish and a small glass to put the vodka in (I used an egg cup).


Once you have all the stuff it is extremely easy to do! All you have to do is paint your nails with the chosen polish and wait for them to dry. One they are dry pour a bit of vodka in the cup (enough to cover your whole nail!) and then dip one of your nails into the cup and make sure it is completely covered, put the newspaper strip on your nail and hold for 20 seconds then slowly remove the newspaper strip. Do the same thing one each one of your nails and then finish by painting your nails with a top coat (any clear nail polish works) and then leave to dry!


I'm not too sure if I'm too keen on this look yet, I think I would have preferred it if I had used another colour, oh well there is always next time!

Have you tried newspaper nails?

Have a great day!

xx

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I really like the look! Want to have a try myself now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely have a go! It's so easy and really effective :)xx

      Delete
  2. I loved the fact you used vodka too, :P. They look really good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought I might as well use it as it was in! Thanks :)xx

      Delete
  3. ooo how creative~~
    luv your blog, nice creative ideas and great product reviews.
    new follower x

    jennimystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and oh that is really sweet of you, thank you so much!xx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this! So want to try this out. Is there anything else you can use instead of alcohol for this? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can use rubbing alcohol instead but not sure where you can buy it!

      xx

      Delete