Monday 6 May 2013

Review: Elemis 'Dreamy Sleep Night Time Moisturiser'

Hello!

Today I have a review of a night moisturiser by Elemis. I was kindly contacted by Elemis and was asked if I wanted to try some of their products and as I'm trying to get more into skin care I of course said yes!

The dreamy sleep night-time moisturiser is part of the freshskin range which is specifically for 'teens to twenties' and states that skin will appear brighter and more radiant.


What they say: 'The intensely hydrating Overnight Replenishing Cream combines blackcurrant Seed oil and barley extract help to refine skin texture and increase skin smoothness, whilst a powerful complex of lipsomes will brighten and even the appearance of the skin tone'.


I've been using this moisturiser on and off for around two months now so I feel as if I am able to give you an honest and fair review.

I have tried a few different night moisturisers now and this definitely isn't one of my favourites I'm afraid to say. The first thing that I noticed when originally trying this moisturiser was the smell. I know that if the product is brilliant the smell shouldn't matter but for me I struggle to use a product on my face when I hate the smell and I definitely did not enjoy this smell. However, I still went ahead and tried the products as I definitely had high hopes for it.

As for the actual product, I really didn't like it as my skin just didn't absorb it. I'm not sure whether I just have strange skin but this moisturiser just wouldn't sink into my skin which left my face feeling sticky and wet for ages. After waking up in the morning my skin didn't feel any different which probably is due to the fact the moisturiser just sat on my skin and didn't sink in. In my opinion: what is the point of using a moisturiser if it doesn't moisturise? 

Overall I'm definitely not impressed which is a shame as I was expecting better things since I always hear brilliant things about the brand. I definitely don't think it is worth the £21.99 price tag!

The Dreamy Sleep Night Time Moisturiser can be purchased from here.

Have you tried any products from Elemis? Would you recommend them?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I've been using this since February, and I really like it. In fact I reviewed it not long ago. I did find however that if too much was pumped, it would definitely not absorb into the skin. A pea size amount is ample enough and does the job for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I liked it! Everytime I've used it I've only used the smallest amount and still find it doesn't do anything for my skin :(

      Delete